Which Chain Lube is Best? Chain lube showdown!
- Published on: 17 September 2018
- Video on lubricity tester: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0gP4aEad-w
I tested 7 different chain lubricants in this video for lubricating properties, ability to cling to the chain and not sling, ability to resist dirt, and corrosion resistance. The following products were tested, including their performance on the lubricity test machine:
Lubricity Test Performance/Ranking:
1. CRC: 2.46 x 1.07mm
2. Purple Extreme: 3.05 x 1.29mm
3. Schaeffer’s: 4.1 x 1.96mm
4. Used Motor Oil: 5.5 x 2.59 mm
5. Lucas: 5.58 x 2.36mm
6. Dupont: 5.7 x 2.39mm
7. Liquid Wrench: 5.76 x 2.42mm
I am not part of the Amazon partner program. I do not benefit in any way or receive any compensation if you purchase any of these products. Links are provided for additional information on the products tested. Better prices are likely available at local stores or other online stores. Recommend shopping around for a better price.
- Runtime : 11:57
- Seafoam additive oil sea foam marvel mystery oil mystery oil seefoam Sea foam Seefoam See Foam does seafoam work wd-40 rust rusty lug nut rusty thread rusty threads vinegar krud cutter clr purple extreme schaeffer's used motor oil dupont liquid wrench chain lubricant chain oil crc open gear and chain lube moly roller chain lube project farm bicycle chain bike chain chain rust removal chain rust bike chain rust motorcycle