Buffalo Wild Wings employee dies after exposure to cleaning chemical

Loading...
  • Published on: 08 November 2019
  • An employee at a Buffalo Wild Wings in Massachusetts died after being exposed to a chemical cleaning agent. Hazmat crews were called to the Burlington restaurant Thursday after reports of a chemical reaction in the kitchen. At least 10 other customers and workers were hospitalized.

    Watch "CBS This Morning" HERE: http://bit.ly/1T88yAR
    Download the CBS News app on iOS HERE: https://apple.co/1tRNnUy
    Download the CBS News app on Android HERE: https://bit.ly/1IcphuX
    Like "CBS This Morning" on Facebook HERE: http://on.fb.me/1LhtdvI
    Follow "CBS This Morning" on Twitter HERE: http://bit.ly/1Xj5W3p
    Follow "CBS This Morning" on Instagram HERE: http://bit.ly/1Q7NGnY
    Get new episodes of shows you love across devices the next day, stream local news live, and watch full seasons of CBS fan favorites anytime, anywhere with CBS All Access. Try it free! http://bit.ly/1OQA29B
    Each weekday morning, "CBS This Morning" co-hosts Gayle King, Anthony Mason and Tony Dokoupil deliver two hours of original reporting, breaking news and top-level newsmaker interviews in an engaging and informative format that challenges the norm in network morning news programs. The broadcast has earned a prestigious Peabody Award, a Polk Award, four News & Documentary Emmys, three Daytime Emmys and the 2017 Edward R. Murrow Award for Best Newscast. The broadcast was also honored with an Alfred I. duPont-Columbia Award as part of CBS News division-wide coverage of the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. Check local listings for "CBS This Morning" broadcast times.
  • Runtime : 34
  • video cbs news buffalo wild wings employee dies exposure cleaning chemical

COMMENTS: 40

  • John Doe
    John Doe   15 hours ago

    Why won't they tell what they mixed?

  • Samuel Thompson
    Samuel Thompson   1 days ago

    I'm not surprised............either the food kills you or working for them does.

  • Conor Smith
    Conor Smith   1 days ago

    It's sad but very surprising how many people don't know to mix bleach with ammonia.

  • Camish Risch
    Camish Risch   1 days ago

    The people that eat there will die a slower yet painful death

  • Lu Cifer
    Lu Cifer   1 days ago

    That's sucks and so does that restaurant

  • lewis lighting777
    lewis lighting777   2 days ago

    Rip pray for the family damn thats insane too sad better figure that out

  • QuabmasM
    QuabmasM   3 days ago

    This is why I warn people that mankind is generally stupid. Most of the time, people die from the dumb decisions of others. Its your job to be Batman about saving your own life. Solve the riddle before everybody else or youre just another victim in Gotham. From food preparing jobs to cleaning jobs to even driving jobs, youll find the dumbest of the dumb. These are the people mixing toxic chemicals, making your food without washing their nasty hands, & running over your babies as they get off the school bus in a school zone. You cant trust this world/age. Batman level or whoops. -Jesus is King

  • TacoChris
    TacoChris   3 days ago

    Was thinking about my local wild wings when the video started and then it turns out to be exactly that one

  • mixdbeautea
    mixdbeautea   3 days ago

    This is so terrible I feel bad for the family. Lawsuit coming in 3,2,1.....

  • Hello Me
    Hello Me   3 days ago

    What you cleaning with Rick Ross.

  • Ailsa Ni
    Ailsa Ni   3 days ago

    I feel like the reason this is news today is to divert from the morman cartel story that should be everywhere.

  • YT Omni
    YT Omni   3 days ago

    Now I get why Gordon Ramsay gets so mad when kitchens are not clean

  • Trumps troll
    Trumps troll   3 days ago

    Damn it's a bad week to buy a chicken sandwich.

  • Cn Kenobi
    Cn Kenobi   3 days ago

    They should teach people how to neutralize the reaction .... baking soda?

  • Travis Edwards
    Travis Edwards   4 days ago

    Amazing the same people who take time to make a joke out of this mans death, go on other videos and bash people in comment sections for different reasons that are sensitive to “them”. Primary example why I never like people’s comments on YouTube people are so two faced .

  • jose maximo
    jose maximo   4 days ago

    Never mix ammonia and bleach. :/https://miniurl.pw/gLnBs1

  • Asdfjkl Aflj
    Asdfjkl Aflj   4 days ago

    I never understood why restaurant workers mop the floor with bleach while I’m still eating. The smell is disgusting!

  • levian
    levian   4 days ago

    once my smartass dad almost killed my sister by mixing two (same brand but different kind of) bleach, when he told her to help cleaning guest bathroom. she felt ill and her faced turned terrifying color, we brought her to ER and ofc shes poisoned. my dad was so fcking dumb.

  • J K
    J K   4 days ago

    So many uncaring people, everyone thinks not mixing cleaning chemicals is taught in high school. High schools by me all have focus on different things, art, business, etc. My business high school did not teach chemistry. I only learned about ammonia and bleach mixing into poison from a co-worker who mentioned it when I was 20. I didn't learn it at home because my mom only kept ammonia in the house, never bleach. Maybe it's time to ban employers from having ammonia and bleach at the same time in the businesses. Bleach is needed to sanitize food prep areas, probably need to find an alternative for ammonia. There's something better than blaming the victims.

  • B
    B   4 days ago

    Manager has left the chat

  • Lucas Perks
    Lucas Perks   4 days ago

    With everything going on in the world, CBS continues to not disappoint with their story choices. Anything happen in Hong Kong?, what's up with Bolivia? Who is being called to testify on Impeachment? Nope, Buffalo wild wings is THE story we are running with...

  • D1KHEAD808 Manz
    D1KHEAD808 Manz   4 days ago

    “Sodium hypochlorite” why not just say “bleach”, “Clorox”, nah I get it you need the drama. Anyways instructions are always on the label with warnings my moneys on misuse of cleaner.

  • Rafa Rafa
    Rafa Rafa   4 days ago

    Died working that's sad man....

  • Goodguy TV
    Goodguy TV   4 days ago

    Breaks my heart . Working class people deserve better

  • Solar Heavy
    Solar Heavy   4 days ago

    He was jamming my music, didnt pay attention

  • Phillip Shadid
    Phillip Shadid   4 days ago

    I'm not surprised. I've gotten food poisoning twice there.. Shame on me for the second time. I'll never eat at BWW's again.

  • John Davis
    John Davis   4 days ago

    First the fake news racists claim and now this, what is going on Buffalo Wild Wings.

  • JD Perez
    JD Perez   4 days ago

    Buffalo wild wings sucks anyway small a$$ wings that are salty af

  • nelda blanco
    nelda blanco   4 days ago

    This is so sad! Poor employee, just working normally, and dies!

  • SoberRS
    SoberRS   4 days ago

    does this mean buffalo wild wings are gonna lower their prices? im tryna eat.